At Partners for Peace, we provide help and support to survivors of domestic violence in Penobscot and Piscataquis counties. By supporting Partners for Peace, you help create space for survivors of domestic violence to find safety and start their healing. According to one survivor: “When I called the helpline and poured my heart out, there was no judgment, just acceptance. It was so giving to have that space and I know that’s when my healing started.” Last year, we helped 1,461 survivors and fielded 6,036 calls. 24/7 Support. Safety Planning. Advocacy. Shelter. Support Groups – all made possible by this generous community.
- Give securely online (Paypal accepted) below and help fund operational support for Partners for Peace
Become a Perennial Partner and make your gift recur monthly!
- Donate to the Marilyn Bird Legacy Fund. Your gift goes directly to survivors of domestic violence in need of financial assistance.
- Be A Light Gift Card Drive. We are collecting $5,000 in Walmart, Visa, and Hannaford Gift Cards for individuals and families in need of support this holiday season, during the cold winter months, and year-round. The Be A Light Gift Card Drive is in lieu of our Holiday Sponsorship Program that we have held previously. During the pandemic, we started collecting gift cards for families to do their own holiday shopping for their children instead of asking the community to shop for them. At the time this was our strategy to minimize the spread of the virus. What we found was that this model allowed for more survivor autonomy and empowerment. The survivors in our program shared that they loved being able to experience the full joy of the holidays with the help of gift cards from the community. With this spirit, we have decided to continue with the Gift Card Drive again this year. Every family in our residential program will be given up to $100 in gift cards for every member of the family. What we bring in beyond that will go to help survivors of domestic violence throughout the cold months and year-round. Gift cards (Walmart, Visa, or Hannaford) can be mailed to PO Box 653, Bangor, ME 04402-0653. Alternatively, you can give online below and check the “Be A Light Gift Card Drive” box. Everyone who gives to this program will receive a free Be A Light magnet in the mail.
- Mail a check to Partners for Peace, PO Box 653, Bangor, ME 04402-0653
- Collect and donate items from our Wish List.
- If you are interested in giving your time or partnering in other ways, please email Casey Faulkingham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your contributions are tax-deductible. Partners for Peace is an exempt non-profit organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN 01-0358090. Partners for Peace proudly adheres to the principles laid out by the Association of Fundraising Professionals in their Donor Bill of Rights.
Additional Donation Programs
Partners for Peace also participates Amazon Smile and Goodsearch programs. Visit these pages and see how you can help us every day.