Finding safe and affordable housing can be a barrier to planning a life free from abuse. Achieving economic security and long-term safety and independence can also be difficult and overwhelming.
Our Transitional Services and Housing program helps individuals and families achieve those goals and build lasting support networks. If you have been a victim of domestic violence, need housing, and feel you would benefit from on-going services for you and your children, keep reading and give us a call at 1.800.863.9909.
What is the Transitional Housing Program all about?
Our Transitional Housing Program offers many services:
- Housing in the Bangor area, Millinocket, Dover-Foxcroft, and Dexter through partnerships with Community Housing of Maine and Penquis.
- Help with long-term safety planning.
- Assistance as you develop and work toward long and short-term goals.
- Parenting information, support, and groups.
- Assistance with budgeting and building a stable economic future.
- Assistance with education and employment.
- Age appropriate and creative individual and group support for your children.
- Case management: We make connections to other community resources and our partnering agencies and organizations to meet your specific needs and help you achieve your goals.
- Supply support: To help out with basic needs, we provide school supplies, holiday gifts, and other resources when they are available.
Who may live in Partners for Peace’s transitional housing?
Space in our Transitional Housing Program is limited, and certain criteria do apply. Eligibility is determined through an application process, and we’ll work with you to make sure the program is a good fit. If there is no space available, or there are other barriers to your moving into our transitional housing, we may be able to suggest other programs.
How do I start the application process?
The first step is to call our helpline at 1.800.863.9909. A hotline worker will talk with you about your safety and your immediate needs and help you think about how transitional housing might fit in with your long-term plans.